Saturday, March 12, 2011

Bye Bye Las Vegas!!!

Believe it or not - we have departed Las Vegas with absolutely no plans on returning to the city.  A lovely place to visit - but I didn't want to live there - and having spent nearly a month in and around the city - I can't say how glad I am to be on the road again.


We left Thursday morning - traveling NE through to Utah with the intention of ending up in the Denver area by the end of next week.  First stop - St George - a small city on the border of Arizona/Utah - about 120 miles from Vegas.  The trip to St George took us through the an absolutely beautiful canyon - called Virgin River Canyon.  The one thing that I will mention is that there are big signs - saying watch for rocks and you look up and all you see are rocks.  Exactly which one do they want me to watch out for?   Karen was commenting on how for her - it's beauty surpasses the Grand Canyon.  Can't say for sure about that - but I do know that no matter how hard we tried - the pictures just didn't do it justice...


We are planning on staying here through the weekend.  Use this as a jumping off point to visit Zion National Park, Bryce Canyon and other sites in the area.  I don't think that we will see northern Utah or Salt Lake - Because of  everything we need to do - and the fact that we need to get to Denver - we will probably just carry on I 70 across to Denver - but hope that at some point we will get a chance to come back to see the rest as it is obviously a beautiful state - I have definitely realised the further I go on this trip that no matter how much time you take - you can't see it all...

Today - we will be doing Zion and some surrounding canyons in the area.  Looking forward to that.  At night after a day touring - we do some laps in the pool and enjoy a hot tub experience.  Life is definitely good...

No comments:

Post a Comment