Thursday, February 3, 2011

A Happy Interlude... Karen

I know that I usually keep my nose out of this blogging business but I really wanted to add my penny's worth into the pot! I am sure that, by now you have a reasonable understanding of Felicia Howell speak... if you can understate things... then do it.
WELL! The last few days on the road before arriving in Tucson were truly A NIGHTMARE.. centred around a most stubborn individual who persisted in driving across 100's of miles of Texan land, coughing, sputtering, sneezing ...probably f...ting and the rest! ( For those with delicate countenances please obliterate the last sentence from your minds!) Anyway, needless to say it was not long before I also suffered from said infection. Now, as people know I do pride myself in taking care of the sick - but there is a limit! When Lei refused to speak to myself or Maur I knew that the limit had been set. So, I left things alone for 1/2 hour and then continued to take her temperature whilst she emitted the most perfect purple hue frm her cheeks.Some forced medication and at least the temp came down significantly and she took th driver's seat! Needless to say not long after it was my turn to burn up and join her with coughing and spluttering and feeling I had had a few rounds with an elephant. And yet we drove on....through Texas, New Mexico and into  Arizona.
Saguaros in The Saguaro State Park

Uncle Elton , a serious moment
On arriving into the park in Tucson we were greeted by Sandy, Lei's cousin and before long we had reversed the RV into its spot and were having fun chatting with Aunt Margaret, Uncle Elton and Alice and Brian and Sandy. What a lovely night catching up with each other and reminiscing. looking at old photos and trying to work out who was who in them from way, way back. After feeling so sick and not really eating for a few days we really enjoyed the fine dinner Aunt Margaret served.

After much cajoling Lei finally went to Docs .. yippee and got some very strong and very expensive antibiotics! $200 for 10 pills. Worth every cent if they get rid of the germs. She has had two now and appears improved. She says shes a lot better but then again she always says that.... Watch this space.

Sandy was patient teaching us how to put up our awning which ... I pray I will remember for when we need it. I am not well known for my master mind memory! As you will see in the photos we were are in The Saguaro State Park which protects the Saguaro plant. I was enthralled at the scenery and the sheer numbers of these magnificent plants. They grow up to 50 ft and live for 200 yrs... amazing. I thought they just grew alone in the desert but there are forests of them and they are fascinating.

Back to the RV and another lovely meal from Sandy and lots more fun and laughter. Home for a sleep now we no longer feel as ill. Ummmm  Phoenix tomorrow



1 comment:

  1. Welllll, after checking this blog everyday for many, many days I had just about given up on this ever happening!! :) I'm home for lunch today and remembered I had not checked this site for a while!! Am I ever glad I did!!!! What a great laugh you have provided (from the previous 2 blogs esp.) and it made my day!! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
    Glad you have made it to Tucson!! Tell everyone hi for me!! Can't wait to read more episodes!!! Love, Maurita

    ReplyDelete