Tuesday, April 26, 2011

...been awhile since I stopped by last.

Good morning all - been off line for awhile - so I  thought I  would keep you updated as to what is happening - while I can, (thanks to Karen for the typing). These last few days have not been my best and that's going some towards an understatement for me. I have been released out of ICU back to the telemetry floor. So, I'm on my way out the door. That said, crawling those last few feet to the door seems to be harder than everything up 'til now.

Just to let everyone know what's happened to date. I was admitted on 14th April with what appeared to be a gall bladder attack. It quickly became apparent that the gall bladder was the least of my issues. We discovered I was losing platelets to some unknown cause, becoming critically low which meant my clotting functions were heavily impacted. Once they started working on that and the infection from the gall bladder a CAT scan revealed a Pulmonary Embolism in the right lung. So now I have an impeded clotting function whilst throwing clots and needing medication to break down my clots...Go figure!


So we have been balancing these acts for a few days and in the process have lost a great deal of strength and control that allows me to stand up and perform daily functions on my own. What a mess! I am doing my level best to be as big a pain in the ass as I possibly can  whilst trying to recover. I've got Maur and Jim down with Sam; we had  Lucille, Janet and Bob and Margaret Brittain and her daughter Emma this past week. The place has been busy, especially with all the cousins the week before. it has been grand that all the visitors have made the efforts they have made even if I haven't always been as spritely as I should be when you get hospital visitors. So now I am relearning old tasks..how to stand, walk, sit, basic puppy commands. I'll probably get through this pretty good.

There's tons of other things to tell you but I think for now we will leave it be and hold you in suspense. I have loaded some pictures of the visitors... what a handsome crew.

3 comments:

  1. Great to see you on the mend.. Take Care.. Philip

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great in the photo. Hope you'll soon be out of there. Wishing you a speedy recovery. I know you're probably more than ready to be out of the hospital. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Following up and glad to hear you are out of the ICU. All our thoughts and prayers for a swift kick out the big front door sooner than later!

    ReplyDelete